Search engine optimization (SEO) can be used to get more website traffic from within the UK. When a blog or website is of local interest within the UK, or if it is created for people in the UK, each page or blog post can have SEO specifically to target more people in the UK. Any British website, or one which is set up to promote business within the UK, will use British spelling in the text, rather than American spelling. Keywords for SEO in the UK should also be based on British English usage.
Keywords are short phrases used in titles, tags and content for search engine optimization. The purpose of using SEO in the UK is to allow each page or blog post to target British Internet users through the search engines. Using the best performance keywords in SEO gets a webpage into more relevant search results, so volume of traffic is increased.
British people are used to seeing American spelling and do understand American terminology on international websites, but Internet users in the UK generally type words in British spelling when using search boxes, and type in words or phrases that have common usage within the UK.
Many keywords are universal. Similar search terms and the same spelling will be used by English speaking people around the world, for example when seeking information on celebrities, health issues, technology, games and sporting activities. However, there are some instances when it is important to select appropriate keywords for search engine optimization in the UK.
These are just a few examples of keywords that can help visitors to find websites when they are in the UK:
* In the UK anyone planning a break will look for holidays and tours, not vacations and trips.
* In the UK it is more usual to speak of the sea rather than refer to the ocean, and British people will search for a harbour not a harbor.
* People in the UK go travelling, not traveling, and want information on cars and public transport, not autos or transportation.
* In the UK many people search for shops rather than stores, and British people look for jewellery, not jewelry.
* British people are more likely to search for film reviews rather than for movies, and will look for humour, not humor.
It is always wise to identify the best performance keywords for a website, and to use them effectively for SEO. Keywords should be repeated within the text and in tags. Keyword can be used to form subtitles or appear in a headline. Keywords can be used in descriptions for individual articles, images, videos and audio ouput on a website.
When any item is intended for people in the UK, it is necessary to find the most suitable keywords for SEO in the UK.